Kahok Intervention Squad (KIS)
KIS is a multidisciplinary team of teachers, counselors, social workers etc. that work together to help struggling students not fall through the cracks. If you would like your child to be refered to this team please contact your child's counselor.
To better serve the needs of our students CHS offers a grief group (in partnership with Heartlinks Grief Center) for students that have experienced the loss of a loved one. Please contact Mrs. Elliff or Mr. Kee for more information.
Relaxation Skills Group
This 5 week educational support group assists students with developing the skills necessary to handle stressful situations. Students learn about internal and external sources of stress, as well as several different methods of reducing and coping with stress.
Study Skills Group
This 5 week group helps students identify their learning styles as well as develop strategies for academic success.
Click here for files that we feel are helpful for parents who have students dealing with Social, Emotional and/or Academic challenges.
- Family Resource Directory
- Drug Rehab
- Coalition to Support Grieving Students
- National Alliance on Mental Illinois-Southwestern Illinois
- Karla Smith Foundation (mental illness support)
- Healthy Relationships & Dating (loveisrespect)
- Connecting Kids to Health Insurance Coverage
- Why Go to College?
- College Board - Big Future (college exploration)
- Get Set For College
- LINCS - Literacy Information
- LDA - Learning Disabilities Association of America
- CHADD - Children and Adults with ADD
- Test Prep & Review Strategies
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- Speaking Out for Yourself - A Self-help Guide
- What Parents Need to Know about Self-Injury
- Self-Injury Alternative Coping Strategies
- Making and Keeping Friends - A Self-help Guide
- Building Self-esteem - A Self-help Guide
- National Eating Disorders Parent Toolkit
- Parents' Role in Bullying and Intervention
- Understanding Your Teenager
- Columbus Recovery Center